2.My classmates have done such a great job using descriptive details. Some of my favorite blogs were, Katie G's, Laura P's, and M'Kenna B's. Katie reads a lot of books and writing shows. She lays her posts out perfectly. She also adds some humor and Whenever i have a chance, I like to browse her page just to see what she has been crafting. Laura, has a more serious page. However, she does have some humor in there as well. She is such a creative person. Her writing always inspires me to write. M'Kenna, has a girly page that makes me feel warm. Hers reminds me of other pieces that I have worked on in the past. Its a very sentimental page. All 3 are very interesting to read.
3. I hope to post more in the future on my blog. I really enjoyed this. I will be honest, in the beginning, I hated the Idea that everyone would be able to look at my work. I write a lot of personal pieces. I didn't want anyone to see it. Over time, I became okay with the idea. Now, I absolutely love it. The title of my blog is Just Be You. I was so concerned that people in the class would judge me over my sappy pieces. Although I didnt get to post that many sappy blog posts, I was okay with when I did. The title of my blog was almost a warning to others. To me, it says, "WARNING! SAPPY OVERLOAD".
4. I have always kept a journal some where in my room. There's so many notebooks in my room that I've scribbled into. I loved writing in the journal. It always made me want to write more. I loved when Mrs. Fraser would give us a picture and we gave it a story. Honestly, sometimes the stories I made were insane. I want to keep journaling. I dont care who reads my journal, Im proud of what i have come up with.
5.
Take Cover!
Down the hall, from my bedroom filled with Barbie’s and baby dolls, was my brother’s room. He was 3 years younger than me and his room, like mine, had white walls with a line of wallpaper in the middle. Mine had hearts, but his had dump trucks. Some of the trucks were big and some were more like tractors. If the trucks magically came to life, they would run over each other. He had a bunk bed in the corner that was used for many things like space ships, or pirate ships. Since he was only 6, he wasn’t allowed to sleep on the top bunk, so that’s where the stuffed animals rested. The bottom bunk, came vertically from the top. When I got on the top bunk, I could reach the ceiling fan and I would layer as many stuffed animals as I could on one blade, and then rotate the blades and layer the next. Then, I would tuck a sheet into the top bunk. The bottom of the sheet was held down at an angle by dump trucks.
“TAKE COVER!!” Mitchell would yell as he turned off the lights and turned fan on.
We would dive into our shelter to stay away from flying animals. Occasionally, we would bonk heads or get hit with an animals, but after we would laugh and do it again. The best part was dodging the random transformers or trucks and Legos that littered his room. Sometimes, I liked to just lay on the floor after the fan was on and watch the animals rain down on me. I liked to guess which animal would stay on longest and which would tumble down faster. It was all fun and games until mom found out, because when she did, we were headed straight for an early nap.
6.
I Love You Darlin
He closed his lips and lowered his neck down below is big shoulders, pulled the small block out of the middle with his big fingers. He put it up on top and before I know it, all of the lose pieces have been removed and all that’s left for me to grab are the few blocks that are holding the whole thing together. In this game of luck, I seem to have held all of the luck to myself. The tower of blocks wobbled and shook but to my surprise, it stayed standing even though gravity was dragging it down, and trying to destroy it, the tower stood taller. Grandpa pursed his lips again and stuck his fingers into the tower pulling a block out. I’m not sure if the concentration in grandpa’s eyes tipped it over, or if gravity got the best of the shaky tower. As the tower tumbled to the table, grandpa yelled one of the most startling, loud sounds I’ve ever heard. “YAAAAAAYOOOOOOO!” He screamed after the shock of his overwhelming booming holler, I laughed. Of course, we played all night.
My mom appears from the camper holding my baby brother. By the way she was racing towards me, I should have known to run for the hills, but I was too busy playing. She drowned me in the nasty bug spray that smells like nothing you’ve ever smelt. The kind of spray that has the nasty sent that almost repels people as well as bugs. Grandpa, must have been bored of playing Jenga because he took advantage of the disruption. “How about a story?” I hoped up in his lap and waited for him to begin. “ four little Labradors, went to town to get ice cream” there was something about a troll stopping them and the way the poor dogs got away by giving the troll some burnt brownies. I begged and begged him for more stories. It’s the same story he tells every time he shares one, about Indian Joe, and he jumps out of the bushes and yells. As grandpa shouts “EYE-YI-YI” he sort of threw me into the air. The later the night drew on, the quieter and more clam the stories got.
As we sat there in the blue camp chairs, the fire glowed under ash from the logs that were devoured by flame. The bugs got quieter and the lightning bugs ran out of light. The coyotes howled into the moon light as they searched for a poor lonely animal to feast on. We decided to close up camp. We folded the chairs and put away the hot cocoa mix. Before he turned off the lantern, I ran up and hugged him. He picked me up and hugged me tight against his chest into what he called a “bear hug”. Just before he set me down, he whispered into my ear, “I love you Darlin.”
7. I plan to continue to write creatively in the future. Im going to continue this blog. Writing like this, destressses me. It makes me feel better. I can get things off my chest in a healthy and creative way. This class helped me write papers in a much better way. This writing lets me be as personal or fictional as I want. I enjoy this so much. I don't like working on other papers, because usually, they're research essays. Those aren't fun or creative at all.
8. I hope you continue to use creative writing on a daily basis. You are such a beautiful inspiring person, and I've always enjoyed reading your blog. I hope you have a merry Christmas and happy New Year. I hope that we have classes together next semester. Let me know if you continue to write on this blog, or another. I would love to keep up with the posts you'll make.
No comments:
Post a Comment