I thought about whatever was most important to me that day. I
thought about meant the most to me. I thought about if I really wanted to give
it all up. I thought about my home. I had grown up there. I lived there all my
life. I lost every tooth, cried over boys, danced around my room there. How could
I leave it? I thought about my little sister. How was she going to get through
high school without me? Who will comfort her when a boy breaks her heart? I thought about my friends. They’re all
staying here and going to college. What if they move on without me? What if
they forget me? I thought about my boyfriend. I couldn’t leave him. What was I thinking
when I said yes to all of this? I made a huge mistake and im not sure that I could
take it back. I would never be the same. People wouldn’t see me the same. When I
come home, everything will be awkward since I would have been gone so long. I’m
not sure what to do. I stood in the middle of the airport as they called the
last call for all passengers on my flight. A waited and watched them shut the
doors. I walked to the window, and watched it cross through the sky. From that
point, I had no control.
Such change is scary and leaves us with lots of questions--just as you've shown here. Letting go of control can be both terrifying and liberating, can't it?
ReplyDelete