Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Writers as Readers


2. I’ve noticed I go for the girly love stories. I like when the character is having a problem with life, like her mom or sister dying or cancer, or just anything giving her a negative look on life. I love how she gets her life together and gets happy. It also helps that she gets the girl because if she didn’t, what’s the point of reading a depressing story? I love how they get through it with someone who cares about them and changes them for the better I love how someone swoops in and changes the way they look at life.  




Image result for if i stay
Image result for the sky is everywhereImage result for letters to john4.



                                                                          one of my best memories with reading is when I would sit and read for hours a day reading. I read “the Hate List” and that story was sad. It was a boy going in to their school and shooting everyone on a list. It was so sad, but I wanted to know what was happening. I kept reading and reading and reading. I was so into the story and I just remember reading it constantly. I wanted to fish the book but I didn’t want to be done with the story.



Image result for the hate list





5. When I read “Sea”, I didn’t want to stop. I loved the whole story. She thought she loved one boy but really loved the other boy more. I loved the whole idea of working with victims in an orphanage. From all the parts about the tsunami, and the constant rain and sneaking away at bight with a boy. I just couldn’t stop reading. I always wanted to read it. It crushed me whenhad to finish because I wasn’t mentally done.

Image result for sea heidi kling



8. My favorite book is “The Man Who Loved Clowns” I connected with this story more than I  ever have. I’m not sure if it’s because it’s setting and base of the story is in and around where I live or if the words spoke to me. I can see exactly what roads she’s talking about and places she visits. I can imagine her house and when I think of the way I imagined her house, I can see the way I thought it looked from when I read this book in 5th grade. This story has stuck with me and made me feel like I knew Punky. I’ve never been so into this book. I’m having such a hard time trying to explain how deeply I feel about this book.

Image result for the man who loved clowns\



9 when I finished reading “the Fault in Our Stars I felt sad because that was the most depressing let down of a story there ever was. I hated John Green but at the same time, I loved him.  That book got me all worked up and bubbly and then it popped every single bubble that I had. I thought thye would last forever together and I certainly didn’t think that the character that died, would die. And when that character died, my whole world crashed and I was depressed for a solid week. That book was amazingly awful.

Image result for the fault in our stars

1 comment:

  1. I love the description "amazingly awful" for a great book that made you so sad. It did the same for me! I can see why you're drawn to the "girly" love stories where the girl gets her life together with the help of someone who really cares. That's probably what most of us want, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete