Maya Angelou, said “Easy reading is damned hard writing". I believe that if you want to write a good story, you have to work hard. Sometimes, the words can flow out of you. Sometimes you can get inspired and that's when writing is easy. However, when the words get stuck, and you know what you’re trying to say, but the word just isn't coming out, you have to try harder. Sometimes you’ll have to look up words or say random words to help you find the word that describes your sentence perfectly. The problem with writing, is that it’s easy some days, and harder some days. You can be on a roll, and typing words faster than you think of them and feel the words coming through your finger tips and other days you could stare at a blank page or screen for hours waiting on something to click. Not only do you have to worry about the words coming to you, but grammar and punctuation can demolish your work. If you have choppy sentences with words that don’t fit, or sentences that fall together like a song, your paper is nearly impossible to read. You can’t sit down and whip out some essay and turn it in. you have to think about your main points, you have to add fluffy words that make it easier to read. You need to take some and some words to make each sentence connect smoothly to the next. Then there’s spelling checks. Writing takes time and patience to make the perfect piece of work
My small mind distracts me all the time. When I’m reading, I
will be reading the words and thinking about something else totally different
and if I look back, I don’t remember a word that was on the page I read. If I’m
listening to music, I tend to zone everything out and focus on the book. I actually
only remember the book, and don’t even remember the song. The same way goes
with my writing. I have to listen to music or I will just look around or type
random sentences that have nothing to do with anything. Music distracts me from
everything around me and until today, I didn’t realize this. I had to sit and
think about what I do with my small mind. When people are talking around me, I can’t
get stuff done. I begin talking or thinking about something that they said or
things I’ve done recently
I volunteer at Cox for the Trauma Department. I know most of
the trauma nurses and work frequently with them. My mom also works in the
department and knows all of them as well. I once had dream that scared me to death. I was
driving down the road and it was raining and I got hit by a drunk driver in my
car. And then like in the movie “If I Stay”, I watched my body lay lifeless in
my car. I watched them load me into the helicopter and watched all the nurses
taking care of me and I remember one of them said “how are we going to tell Lori?”
Dying in a car accident is one of my biggest fears. Dying before my mom, is the
second.
I got those stamps for my birthday! The quote isn't Maya's! Maybe they'll be worth something one day...Thanks for sharing your thoughtful answers here.
ReplyDelete