Monday, October 26, 2015

Halloween


My aunt and I have always loved to make costumes and be crafty. When I was a baby, I was a Siamese Cat. I had little tiny baby cat ears, and we drew whiskers and a nose on me. I had a little tan onesie little brown pants. It was adorable, and most kids don’t dress up like that kind of cat, but I think it was important to my mom because she had always had that type of cat and if I remember correctly, it was my first Halloween. When I was four, my aunt made five poodle skirts. One for me, and my four cousins. I had a red one with a sequin black cat on the bottom. We all had little white and black shoes and I had a white sweater shirt, like the one Sandy wore in Grease. My hair was up in a really high ponytail and I matched all of my cousins. Another costume I wore, was a Kim Possible one. I had the black eye mask, and a felt green belly button shirt. I had black parachute pants and I carried around a walkie talkie. After that, I was Hannah Montana. I had a weird little scarf and jacket on a layered shirt. I wore jeans and cow girl boots. It all came together with my Hannah Montana Sing Along Karaoke Microphone. Next I wore an ugly pink tutu with black and pink leggings and black flats. I had a pink shirt, and black wings. I had teased and frizzy hair that was spray painted pink. With heavy dark black eye shadow and black lip stick. We never actually figured out what I was, but it was fun! The next one was a SpongeBob costume. I was literally a giant foam SpongeBob that went over the clothes. Another year I was a football player with a Chiefs jersey and face paint. I didn’t do much that year. Next I was a cat again. This time, I was a basic cat. I had the same ears as everyone else. I had a leopard shirt with black leggings and brown boots. The next year I was a tourist. I found one of my dad’s old Hawaiian shirts and tucked into my jeans. I had a flower necklace and a camera. I had a pink visor and warm fuzzy socks with Chaco’s.  This year, I’m dressing up as Minnie Mouse for the kids at work. I have Minnie Mouse ears with a big red bow on it, a black scoop neck shirt and me and my aunts made a skirt. It has big white polka dots on a red pattern. I’m wearing tights and black flats. It’s pretty cute and my boyfriend wants to go as Mickey, as well.




Image result for fortune teller crystal ballMy favorite Halloween was the year I was dressed up like Kim Possible. We went to a Trunk-Or-Treat at my church. We had my Aunt’s trunk decorated like a fortune teller’s home. We had festive pillows in all sorts of hippie colors. We had beads and long curtains hanging from the back of the ruck. She had a small table and a couple chairs sitting out in front of the trunk. She even had a glass globe that had blueish and purple and grey and black Smokey looking clouds inside of it. They spun and rotated around the big heavy ball. The globe would smoke and bubble when you touched it. It was so cool. We were sure she was going to win first place. The only problem, was my brother. He never pays attention and tears everything up. But we still love him and wouldn’t trade him for anything. He comes plowing through and tripped over the table and the beautiful smokey globe shattered all over the parking lot.  My aunt was so devastated. He totally crushed everyone’s moods. But as for me, my cousins and Mitchell, the bad mood only lasted for a few minutes. Once we started going from car to car getting candy, we all lightened up. Once it gets dark, the church does a big bonfire. They sell s’mores and chili and hot apple cider and hot chocolate. Later on there’s even a hay ride. They have little games like horse shoes. All in all, it was a really fun night.




3 comments:

  1. Your costumes all sound so creative! You are very descriptive and I can totally see what all of them looked like. I always just threw on whatever was laying around. The trunk or treat that your aunt did sounds so cool, as well as your Kim Possible costume. I don't know why I never dressed as her, being a redhead and all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cat costume reminded me of the time my siblings and I were the three little kittens that lost their mittens! It was so much fun to get dressed up, and we still have the little cat ears from our costumes. I always wanted to dress like Kim Possible, maybe I'll have to try it next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have lots of great memories connected to Halloween over the years. I bet your aunt really enjoys collaborating with you on creating costumes and getting to spend time with you. I love that you were a Siamese cat specifically, rather than the expected black cat. My son has always wanted a Siamese cat for some reason and my mom had one, too, when she was a teenager. I'm sure the kids at work loved you as Minnie!

    ReplyDelete